Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday Crafts // Stamp it up!

I ordered a stamp kit from Hobby Lobby a few days ago.  Originally this stamp kit ran a good $23 at Michaels, but I knew I could find it cheaper.  So I checked out the never disappointing Hobby Lobby website and they were offering the kit for $11.99 with an added 40% off....I just couldn't pass that up.  So of course I ordered it with absolutely no DIY in mind, I just knew that I had to have this stamp kit.  To pass the waiting time, I thought of what I could do with this thing and after loads of research {an hour tops} I found a cute DIY and decided I wanted to share it.  It's not too extensive a few pictures here and there and I will also add the link for the stamp kit so you can make your own. 


Hammer spoon down on a hard surface.  I did this on my front porch. Do this until it is as flat as you want it.  Next grab your metal stamps and careful stamp each letter of whatever word your heart desires. 
The finished product....I'm pretty happy with it although the perfectionist in me started to kick in a little, but I reminded myself that this was my first go at it and my future spoons will be a lot better.  I was just itching to try out the new kit!

Just remember to make this DIY all your own.  I think it would be cool to make a bunch of these with herbs on them and display them in a garden, not only would it look cute but it would help you remember where everything is.

*NOTE* It's easier if you have something holding the spoon as you hammer the letters in or else it will look a little wonky like mine does. 

*Side Note* click words stamp kit under materials needed picture to be redirected to hobby lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment